This weekend was a pretty interesting one as far as timelines.
And freaking out, but that's for later.
FH and I move into the apartment 3 weeks from this past Friday.
I graduate 3 weeks from this past Saturday.
And we get married 6 weeks from yesterday.
I'm excited, but I'm still nervous.
We've got things planned out, what's going on when.
FH and i are looking into joining accounts later this week - or at least some of them. I think what may end up happening is that we end up with one credit card (or two, not quite sure), we share one checking account and one savings account, and then I believe that we'll each have our own checking accounts from there.
We'll have to figure out how that's going.
I'm sick of people having hissyfits about my shoes for the wedding.
They're not the ones wearing them, and if they really don't like them then they don't have to look. I'm not getting my dress hemmed just so you don't have to look at my shoes the entire time.
Think of it this way: If you're staring at my shoes the whole time then either they look good or you need to get out for being more concerned about my damn shoes than the fact that my sweetie and I are getting married.
And they need to quit making assumptions about them. I'm tired of having to defend my decisions. Mind you, I've told very few people, if any, anything shoes-related.
The end.
I don't know why I suddenly realized this (as opposed to thinking about it ages ago), but my last big paycheck is this week. I mean from the job I'm keeping, where I get the majority of my hours.
I'm still going to get my paychecks from the job I have on-campus as well as the one that I have closer to the school, but combined they won't be as large as the one that I'm expecting this coming week.
And I won't get another (larger) paycheck until two days after we move in.
Oh, and get this: I CAN'T FIND MY PAPERWORK TO TURN IN FOR MY HOURS!!!!! Which means if I can't find that... I don't know if they'll pay me until two days AFTER FH and I move in to our apartment. WHAT THE HECK!!!
Rent. Pet deposit. Utilities. No pet rent each month, based on the fact that we get at least that much discounted for being students.
Thankfully we'll have some groceries and whatnot taken care of.
And for everything else, there's Dollar Tree! (you'd be surprised what worthwhile things you can find - just don't buy the garbage bags, because $1 for 6 or 7 bags is a waste of money, to be completely honest)
We still need a shower curtain.
Yeah, I'm getting sick of counting. That's really about all I've been doing. I guess once the pet deposit is taken care of then it won't be as bad, but then after the wedding there's, let's see... insurance. Car insurance. Health insurance. Renters insurance.
I'm so glad my class at 8 was cancelled.
I have work tonight at 6:30.
And there's nothing like realizing that you're really getting ripped off when you go to work. Nothing like it at all.
But we're not going to go into detail about all of that.
For now... I just want my advisor to pick up the phone so that she can remove my academic advising hold - mind you, she told me that I would NOT need to talk to her in order to sign up for classes. Gee, THANKS!
My advisor's sweet, but they WOULD give me the lady who can't pick up the phone or reply to emails.
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT I'M DOING NEXT SEMESTER, THANK YOU!!!!!
I'm ready for something positive to happen. Like my advisor picking up the phone. I've seriously been calling her about every five minutes or so. I'm sick of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment