(Yes, I could easily become attached to blogging - and frequently. It's rather quick, and it's not like my thoughts stay in the same place constantly or something)
Now as I've mentioned, FH and I will be moving into our place in less than a month. And with moving out of your parents' home and into your own place, typically there's stuff you need to take care of. Right? Right?
Right.
Well, I've been told that FH and I should not be buying anything else for our apartment.
Which is cool that people want to buy stuff for us.
And then I realized: we will be in the apartment for THREE WEEKS before the wedding - I highly doubt we're going to get some of the things we actually NEED three weeks before the wedding.
Like a shower curtain and curtain rings. I'm sorry, but I don't fancy the idea of cleaning up water after every shower.
And dish towels. I definitely went and picked up some in our wedding colors (blue and orange) from Dollar Tree. Hello, everything's a dollar! Was I not supposed to be washing dishes for 3 weeks? That's kind of gross, and our plates wouldn't last quite THAT long. Unless we had paper plates or something. But then there's the issue of drinking glasses. Now I'm ok with paper plates, but for some reason I've never really been a fan of plastic cups. Couldn't tell you why, though.
I'm sure there are other things that we'll need before the wedding, but those are just the two that stuck out (oh, and potholders and oven mitts, but not the point).
As my oh-so-logical father pointed out, registering for dish towels and bathroom towels is sensible because towels wear out over time. FH and I have had our own towels for three years, thanks to going to college. I guess those will wear down eventually.
But really, was I not going to be doing dishes for 3 weeks?
(Mind you, we have dishwasher tabs and will have a dishwasher, but kitchen towels can be used to other things, too!)
So because I got a nice lecture on how a wedding registry wasn't a Christmas list (except for the fact that a registry and a Christmas list are the same thing: a WISH list), I added stuff. Because apparently board games and fun video games (I mean of the dancing and workout variety) have no purpose in life if you're contemplating not having cable or not wanting to go to the fitness room. Or, you know, if you have friends.
Now as for what was added?
Toilet paper, paper towels, bleach, dish detergent, more laundry detergent, Midol.
Yup, you read that right. Midol. And I don't mean any kind of Midol, like Midol Complete. I don't mean Pamprin. I don't mean Tylenol, because the Lord knows that Tylenol is HORRIBLE and does pretty much NOTHING when you have cramps... Come to think of it, I wonder if there's any Motrin on there.
I figure that if someone really wants us to have stuff we'll use and wants to help us "get started" then there's no harm in putting stuff we'll actually use on there. Yeah, I get cramps. I'm a 20-year-old female who, at last check, has the ability to bear children. Midol comes in handy once a month. More than any serving platter or china pattern that we would use either once in a blue moon or, you know, never. I'm that rare girl that dislikes china. Shiny, expensive, breakable stuff makes me nervous. And there's no place to store it, and I have a blind dog. That just spells disaster.
We don't need a billion mixing bowls. Right now we don't even need cooking utensils (minus tongs and other such things we'd rarely use). We have a toaster, a crock pot, a sandwich maker, a waffle maker of the non-rotating variety, a vacuum...
We need cleaning products. Cleaning products and toilet paper.
And sheets.
And maybe if someone wants to make a donation to pay our rent, that'd be cool, too!
(Yes, I'm laughing right now)
This whole deal just perplexes me.
No comments:
Post a Comment