Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Talk about stress...

Alright, now if we're going to talk about stress...
My last post, the first bridesmaid (the one I live with)... We'll call her A.

Ugh, I don't even know where to begin. It's all just this big headache, and with just over two weeks until the end of the semester (and I'm talking 2 weeks and a day until I move out, which is contingent upon my finals schedule) I have no idea if A's moving out now or if she's just moving some stuff and not going to be around the rest of the time.

We decided to have a roommate meeting because, quite frankly, 3 of us (me, R, and K - R & K share a room) were less than pleased about the turn of events of someone else's (M) stuff being moved into our place, us not being asked just told (and K only found out from me and R!), the possibility that all of us could've been in trouble for something we apparently had no say in - despite the fact that we live there and M doesn't.

So we decided on a meeting time, and after we decided on a time to meet we found out her mom was in the hospital.

Ok, so now I feel like a jerk. We're going to have this meeting with a girl who we're all kind of pissed off with to some extent, and her mom's in the ICU.

So we have the meeting, and then R and K get to say their piece, and A seems ok with it... But then I start talking (with something along the lines of "You realize you live with us, not her. Right?" because it's true and we were feeling disrespected! Who moves someone ELSE'S stuff into a room/suite they share with someone, and doesn't ask? Someone else's artwork was on our walls, and we weren't even ASKED! hello, it's 4 people in an apartment-style dorm with 2 bedrooms!) and as soon as i started going there she got huffy with me, and had the nerve to walk out on me, among other things.

And when K and I got back from dinner last night, we found a POST-IT NOTE, of all thing, A POST-IT on our bathroom door saying "I won't be here tonight."
Um, thanks?

It's like the episode of Sex and the City where Berger broke up with Carrie on a post-it note.
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

So then she sends us all a text this morning saying she'd be by to pack of some of her stuff. Not much in the room changes when she does get here, but then she tells K (or maybe me, I don't remember) that she'll be back to get the rest of it later.
THE REST OF WHAT? Like everything, or just some things? Because she was only taking it some of it home over Easter break because of space in a family member's vehicle, so she'd be able to get the rest at graduation time.

SO now nobody know's what's going on.

K tried to speak to A this morning, ask her how her mom was...

K: Your mom's in the hospital?
A: I already told V and R, they know this!
K: ... Yeah, they told me...

It's kinda like "Gee, thanks, I've only lived with you for 2 years, thanks for not letting me know what the heck is going on or not thinking enough of me to tell me yourself!"

Some people just really need to grow up and get over it.
I'm tired.

And then this morning! Now with A, but with a classmate's presentation.

He presented on medical marijuana, and you can tell that he's all for it.
But in addition to talking about legalizing marijuana (mostly medical purposes), he brought up good points, talked about the pros and cons, did his best to answer questions efficiently, give examples, and he had a BUNCH of resources and even a table directly from one of his sources.
Well, the whole time this girl sitting across from me was rolling her eyes, sneering, and making rude comments to the girl next to her. AND when he was answering questions she got all huffy and in a hurry about the questions she had in a hurry to prove him wrong or make him look like an ass or an idiot or something. She got all huffy with "Well, you said this and the paper said this and I don't think that's right and...."
I just wanted to be like "LOOK NOW, DID YOU LISTEN TO HIS PRESENTATION???"
Quite frankly, I think she has her own unresolved issues.

I don't CARE what she thought of his presentation, because she clearly thought it was crap, but with everybody else's presentations he was at least decent enough to not roll his eyes at everybody - and that includes her presentation that even SHE didn't like!

And I told him after class that I appreciated him not looking down his nose on other people's presentations.

Frankly, I just wanted to reach across the table and slap this girl in the face. HARD. Instead I settled for a nice knuckle cracking - much louder than the ones I usually get out when my fingers are stiff.
She really needed to be smacked...

I hate stupid and rude people.
It's funny because she only treats him like that.

Yeah, he may not have the same viewpoints as everyone else, but that doesn't mean that his are any more incorrect than yours are correct.

My father always told me that opinions are like buttholes: everybody has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment