As it comes to the close of my final "Dead Week" as an undergraduate in college, it makes me realize...
That if I want to, I can just say dead week ended yesterday, since most people don't have classes on Fridays.
Then again, I DO have a paper due today.
I've come to realize multiple things:
1) I hate all-nighters. Really, I do.
I stayed up until about 3 last night, trying to work on my term paper. I was going to try to watch the Royal Wedding (yes, capitalized!), and I thought it came on at 3... And then I realized that it didn't come on at 3. Some station's coverage of it came on at 3! But at about 2:45, I was just exhausted. No freaking way was I going to do that.
2) Yes, I do that typical college student thing of staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning. Just because I do it doesn't mean I like it. I just dislike going to bed, because that means that I actually have to take the time to do it! Yup, I'm just that lazy. But also, the time I spend getting ready for bed... I could be doing other things!
3) I have no idea WHY I decided to take my very first 8AM class during my last semester. Other than wanting the exercise and the fact that I knew the class would have an awesome teacher, I really don't know why I did it. You know what misery is? Misery is me trying to get my butt up out of bed, and then having a moment where I realize that I have ten minutes to get to class, and I haven't even showered or gotten dressed yet!
4) I don't like going to class in my pajamas. Sorry, but no thanks.
5) I don't like people in general. It's just the way life works.
...
So, just over 7 hours later, I remembered I was typing a new blog post. Oops?
Ok, so we'll sum it up this way:
I'm glad to be graduating college. I am READY for it! I'm ready to be through with some of the crazies.
All the same, the last 3 years have been awesome, and I'm glad I didn't transfer out after my first semester.
There's at least one professor I'll be glad to not have to look at ever again. And for that one, there are at least 4 faculty members that I'll miss.
But we move into our apartment a week from today!
Actually, at this point in time we'll actually be heading out to go to a baseball game! And no, I don'e like baseball... But I thought it would be fun. I'm an American Red Cross volunteer, so I get into the game for free, and I get to bring guests for $5/person.
I'm really quite excited for the game. i've never been a big fan of it, but I think it would be an experience. I haven't been to a game in at least a decade... I like the pretzels and nachos! (although maybe I'm just thinking basketball and football, but let's just leave it at I like the pretzels and the nachos). Hot dogs are pretty tasty, too. I'm not going to pretend I don't like the food.
Well, away I go. It's been a long day, so now I'm just trying to concentrate on everything.
And unless I'm mistaken, we should be heading to the grocery store some time today or tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment