Monday one of my ushers said to me that another usher would be on crutches for the wedding. Which I hadn't quite thought about, but it is quite reasonable. I mean, he DID just have knee surgery some time in the last 3-ish weeks!
Well, yesterday (I think it was yesterday??) the usher we were talking about wheeled up to me as I was getting a snack from our school's coffee shop, and told me that he'll probably be on crutches for the wedding.
Naturally I didn't look surprised.
I told him that if he wanted to sit there in his wheelchair and look cute then I'd be more than ok with it.
He insisted that since he's an usher he's going to do what he's supposed to, but he'll just be doing it on crutches.
And then he felt the need to tell me that it's possible he might have his knee brace on over his tux pants (likely won't fit underneath pant leg), and he'll also have to see what his doctor says.
Um, ok?
Look, if you have to wear your brace then you have to wear your brace.
Don't feel the need to kill yourself or injure yourself or anything just to stand up my wedding.
And I told him that I was more concerned about him being there.
You know what he said?
He said he was glad, because he's a groomsman in another wedding like FOUR MONTHS after mine, and that this girl would probably flip out on him if he told her he might be on crutches/in his wheelchair/have a brace outside of his pants on her wedding day.
Mind you that this girl is supposed to consider him to be like her OLDER BROTHER!
Seriously, you're going to freak out over someone taking care of themselves but still trying to do what they can to stand up there with you on YOUR FREAKING WEDDING DAY?
You're going to throw a hissy because he's on crutches or has a leg brace outside of his pants?
Instead why don't you shut up, give him a hug, and say "Thanks, I really appreciate it?"
Because for real? There is no requirement for him to be standing his behind up there with you guys, or even for him to be wheeled up there or whatever.
You wanted him there because he's close to you, and you're SUPPOSED to be thinking of him like your brother. He's there for you because he cares about you.
I don't understand how she could even be comfortable with that train of thought!
(and seriously, if she's getting married 4 months after me, she has nearly 6 months to go... there's no guarantee he'll even be on crutches then... but still! You know what I mean)
Look, I understand that sometimes things don't go the way you want.
I understand that you want things to be perfect.
Heck, I understand because I'm planning a wedding, too, and I want it to be perfect.
But as long as I get married to my sweetheart and as long as the people we love and who love and support us are there then I'll be happy.
I'd LIKE for everything to be perfect, but at the end of the day my flowers are fake, my skin is horrible from years of acne and will be covered in make-up (which I hate), the cake will be awesome, and the decorations will be minimal, but FH loves me for who I am and I love him, and we're getting married while we're surrounded by our friends and family.
...
Oh, and I want pictures. Because pictures are nice, even after the day has come and gone. And I want to be able to remember it as best I can in 50 years.
And if he's in a wheelchair the day FH and I get married, I hope we get a picture of him popping a wheelie! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment