Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sittin' on top of the world

Actually, I'm not sitting on top of the world, in a manner of speaking.

Where am I?
I'm actually sitting in my bathroom floor, listening to my wedding dress drip dry.

Why, you may ask?
Well, I decided I was going to handwash it.

Actually, it was a very productive day in that regard. I found a drying rack at Target, which was something I'd planned to get anyway (yay for a place to put bras!). I also picked up a fairly cheap garment steamer, which I'll use on my veil (or will return if it just sucks). And I bought a new iron!
It's sad, my iron was just getting a little old or something. I was ironing some fabric to heat it up before using an iron-on transfer for an embroidery pattern (yes, I know how to embroider - and I actually DO it), and next thing I know there's this weird black smudge on my fabric! And to make it better, I have no idea where it came from! I'd been having the issue all that evening, and I was carefully wiping my iron off before using it... yet there was this nasty black sludge stuff on it anyway!

Today FH and I went shopping. FMIL (btw, that's future mother-in-law) took us to the case lot sale at the commissary as well as general grocery shopping as part of our wedding present. YEAH 60 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER! (and they're all double rolls, too!)
I can live without spices, but toilet paper is a necessity in my life.
I know we got sage, oregano, nutmeg, basil, salt, ginger, and a few other spices. I can't remember what other spices we got (I already have whole peppercorns and a few other things), but I DO know that picking out spices was just ridiculously HARD! I was looking at them and realizing that i have most of the spices on the shelf at home... But I never use them!
My FMIL is pretty much awesome for setting us up like this.

Actually, both sets of parents are being pretty awesome. My dad's covering the venue and food, and we're getting some of my parents' old furniture. His parents are getting us new furniture, a washer and dryer, and stuff of that sort.

...
And the wedding dress continues to drip dry.
...

I think it's finally starting to hit me that I'm getting married in a month. More specifically, after midnight it'll be "I'm getting married in 4 weeks!"

But that's not the scary part.
The scary part is the fact that FH and I are moving into our apartment on Friday - 6 days from now!
AND I'll be walking at the graduation ceremony in a WEEK!

I'm so excited, but at the same time it stresses me out.

I'm graduating from college, going from having 3 jobs to having one, and the one job is a job that doesn't even guarantee me hours!
Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but it just makes me so unnerved.

FH promised he'd help me find a job in my field of interest, since I just can't seem to find anything... or the jobs that i DO find that interest me, I'm not qualified for (I'm not a CNA, nor do I currently have the time or the money to take the classes at this moment in order to become certified), I can't/won't make it work (one place actually told me I wouldn't be able to further my education due to the demands of the job, and another had shift hours that would be in the evening - which is when I'm trying to take classes in order to have a full-time day-time job!), or for some reason they just don't want me! (and then don't bother to tell me WHY they don't want me)
I honestly fail to see why I wasn't called for a job interview to be the Activities Director at this assisted living facility near here. I've got the experience as an Activities Assistant at another facility. I had experience in the Social Services department, so I know some of the things to do and not to do. I'm a caregiver. I'm CPR certified. And now I'm companion aide certified!
...
Maybe it was just the fact that I wouldn't have been available until after graduation...

You know what the best part is? Only one job I applied to actually told me they didn't want me. Every other job keeps me guessing, and then finally I just have to give up.

Sitting in the floor gets me nowhere in life. And it makes my butt hurt after a while. I'm off to do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment