The title of this post just seems to work with how I've been doing lately.
That doesn't mean things have been going badly. They've been going quite well, actually. I've just been, well... Procrastinating.
I've got a lovely client that I've seen every other week for a year next month. I know the office likes to be able to give each client a Christmas present. This particular client... I want able to think of anything. She didn't want anything. The office had no clue.
I don't know if they ended up getting anything for her or not.
The last time I saw her before Christmas was only a few days before, I believe, an then I wouldn't have seen her for another couple weeks. But during that time she mentioned to me that since she's been getting older, she's having a harder time getting out of her recliner, and that the recliner also seems to be "sinking" from normal wear and tear.
BINGO!
Gift idea? A new cushion for her chair. Or rather, one to go on top of it, replace the pillows she'd been sitting on.
Of course, I forgot to ask her what her favorite color was. So I had to wait two weeks. Then I finally got to ask her - you know, after Christmas is over and done with. Her favorite color?
Yellow.
So two weeks after Christmas, DH an I are scouring the fabric section in our Walmart to see if there are any bolts of yellow fabric that aren't too boring or too far, uhh, "out there". And in yellow, it's usually one or the other, and selections are few and far between, especially when compared with purples, greens, and blues.
But we finally found some. This rich golden-yellow with white swirls in it :) Then we picked up some foam squares to go in the cushion, about four inches thick.
I had two weeks to get it done, to make sure my client had a lovely seat cushion. And of course, when did I start on it? About two hours before I had to be at work. Go figure.
::rolls eyes::
It wasn't my best work, because this is the first time I've ever used foam, not to mention making a cushion. I'm used to making pillows and maybe the occasional bag or a super easy dress or something.
I brought it to my client, as a super late Christmas present (yeah, a month and a day late! Haha), and she loves the colors, and she says it's super comfortable. I'm really glad that she likes it :)
Maybe it would've been better if I'd started on it a week ago, but I don't know that. And I think it turned out really nice.
Ooh! I also have plenty of extra fabric (Walmart now sells quilting squares as well as small bolts of about three yards or so). I can probably finally turn one of those pairs of old, torn jeans I've been keeping in my crafting area into a skirt or something! With the yellow it'd be super cute for springtime!
Attached (since I'm posting this from my phone and not a computer) are a couple pictures of the cushion. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and I can comfortably say that my stitches shouldn't be coming undone, so she's got a sturdy cushion to last a while :)
And since I can't post a picture of my super sweet client (or maybe I could, but I won't) here's a picture of her wonderful doggy :)
Have a good one!



That was nice of you! I'm sure she loved it. :)
ReplyDelete