Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Moon Joggers?

I just signed up to be a Moon Jogger! The whole concept is pretty awesome.
You commit to walking, running, or jogging at least 1,000 miles in 2013. Or if you're REALLY feeling badass, you commit to walking, running, or jogging 2,013+ miles in 2013.
*Note: You can count miles done on the elliptical, too, if that works better for you.
**It's free. You know, in case you were worried about there being a cost to sign up and log your miles yourself, that whole shebang.
***You can also sign up as a family or a team, so that each person's miles contribute to the total of 1,000 or 2,013 miles. Yay for team spirit? So if you're competitive with your friends/family/significant other, say hello to some bonding time and competition!

There's a video on the Moon Joggers blog that explains it a bit more. It's just under 239,000 miles to get to the moon, so their goal was to have at least 239 people sign up. Well, they've got at least 388 participants right now (including the sister-sister team that started it) and they need less than 100 more participants in order to get to 478 participants...
It'd be pretty cool to run to the moon, but I like the idea of being able to run to the moon and back. Nothing like being able to get home, huh? ;)

But the (hopefully obvious) catch is that it's not something you can do alone. It HAS to be done with others... I mean, unless you want to try running nearly 655 miles a day for a year, but that might be pushing it!

I admit it, I'm going for broke and trying the 2,013 Ultimate Moon Jogger challenge. I've done the math and it doesn't look bad. It definitely gives one the opportunity to step it up. It also gives me even more incentive to work toward Disney, and maybe see what else I can do. We are less than 10 weeks out from the Princess Half! I'm feeling pretty encouraged, both about the half and about the whole Moon Joggers thing.
I'll be doing the Moon Joggers thing with my lovely running buddy/one of my best friends, but we'll be doing it as individuals so we can both get to 1,000+ miles (or, her to 1,000+ and me to 2,013). I'm also trying to get the husband into it, but we'll have to see how that one goes! Haha

If you love to walk, jog, run, use the elliptical, what have you, definitely check it out :)
Aaaaand goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment