I'm currently chilling out with the in-laws right now. Literally, chilling. Yet another realization of just how much I differ from them for the most part. Or at least from my FIL. My MIL feels my pain of freezing one's butt off.
I'm going to go ahead and say that today was a pretty fabulous day. For starters, I'm typing this on the new iPad that my ILs gave my for Christmas. I'm loving the fact that I should also be able to use this for class instead of having to lug my computer around.
It's easy to forget just how much my ILs spoil their loved ones... Until you're in the lion's den!!! It was a little overwhelming to get seated in with everyone while working to open a mound of presents. The mound was terrifying last year, since it was my first year to experience it. I mean REALLY experience it... I have to wonder if anyone has ever been crushed under presents. But everyone was really amazing about giving gifts to each other. It's been an enjoyable day, playing UNO and dinner and FaceTime with my sister and just hanging out.
That conversation with my sister was interesting, to say the least. But in a fun way! She and her husband are visiting his folks, and he was playing a game that she got him, and she FaceTimed me on the iPad she got from her ILs (what is with ILs and iPads this season? Not that we're complaining!). I completely forgot that her ILs were also in the room with her and suddenly I went "Oh! I also got practical underwear!" ... And then I heard laughing in the background and it occurred to me that "... You're not alone, are you?" to which she replied "Practical underwear are good."
DH and I also went over to see my brother and his wife (my SIL) for dinner last night. His MIL (that is, her mom) was over there. We watched Speed, had dinner, and had a ridiculous number of jokes. My brother was playing with candle wax, so his wife jokingly tells him he's acting like a kid. Then DH talked about soy candles where the melted wax can be used as massage oil...
Then her mom takes that and starts talking about sex candles! It was somewhere between horrifying to be discussing sex in front of my big brother and hilarious. It's always nice to know for sure that the hubs really blends well with my folks.
Also, DH and my brother were making jokes about those Topsy Turvy planters and making money.
I love my family.
On that note, I'm gonna get back to bonding with the hubs.
Also, 58 days to Disney's Princess Half Marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment