Note to self: Blogging inspiration may strike, but doing it while tired probably isn't the greatest idea. Hence the title coming from a Disney song.
"I Won't Say (I'm in Love)" from Hercules, if you hadn't figured it out.
And yet I can guarantee it will happen again.
Nothing says dedication like writing a blog and then dozing off in the middle of a sentence, right?
DH and I got up today and, after seeing my dad for a little bit (me getting the usual Holiday Barbie of the year, DH getting a tie chain, my dad getting some landscaping gloves and heavy work gloves) before he and his go out of town, I felt it: the inspiration to run. The desire to run.
Granted, I felt it a little last night, but I've been so tired lately that it just wasn't gonna happen.
So I got up, got ready... Realized I hadn't eaten at ALL, despite having been up for a couple hours already (see: not good), had a bagel thin with peanut butter, digested for a little bit... And I ran :)
I don't know what it was today, but hitting that 4.01 miles on the treadmill (yes, that "dreaded" thing for some people - I rather like it)... It wasn't bad. Really. Considering my last run was 2 weeks ago and I don't think I even made it to 3 miles, and before that I think it had really been over a month... It was pretty dang good.
I keep telling myself to not be disappointed, that 13.1 will come sooner than I know it - and it will, as long as I keep working toward it.
It has come to my attention that, with the exception of a few months ago where I hit somewhere around... Honestly, I don't remember. According to my watch it was 6.79 miles, so in reality it was probably between 6.25-6.5 miles?? But basically I'm normally somewhere around 4-4.5 miles, on average.
I think maybe part of it is related to the training program I've been using, seeing as when I hit the 6+ miles I was also doing the longest run of the current program.
By the way, I don't regret these compression calf sleeves. Not for a minute. It's been a couple weeks, so I was expecting a little bit of the awful itchy leg... Nope. Not a bit. I am so psyched about these sleeves that I would love to go get another pair, but for now I'm going to see how these shape up.
Bonus for the day: The hubs will be running with me quite a bit more in the future, starting tonight :)
Cross your fingers I don't fall out in that run! (Kidding! Well, sort of)
No comments:
Post a Comment