So I'm just going to make the assumption that FH does a rather nice job in choosing his friends.
That's not to say that I don't have some pretty awesome friends myself because, let's face it, I love my friends some kinda fierce.
And I wouldn't trade them for the world.
But this morning/afternoon I had a flashback to freshman year in college, where this jackass talked over me the whole time I tried to explain something and didn't bother to let me get a word in edgewise. And after he left I just bawled.
Needless to say, my next two years of college up through graduation... I hated his guts.
He's a pompous jerk, and is apparently only nice when he's smoking weed. No joke. It was weird when I heard that, especially when I heard that he could be nice AND not be a smarmy jerk about it.
And this flashback came about because of... My cousin. Yup, my own flesh and blood.
She has decided to pull herself out of the wedding. And I'm finding that I don't care. I cared more about whether or not people I cared about would be there, regardless of whether or not they're standing up there with us.
Then she said she's not coming, and that she wished she hadn't wasted her money on a ticket.
Ok, ouch.
THEN she said she was done with me and called me a bitch.
And with that, I can guarantee you that she is not welcome at our wedding or anywhere NEAR our apartment, I don't care if she gets on the plane or not.
There's far more to the story, including -you guessed it!- her not listening to a word I had to say.
But I'm through with it.
I finalized our wedding cake today!
I would've gone with FH, but he got his wisdoms out this morning. I ran a few ideas by him, and then just went with those and had the cake baker/decorator help out with a few ideas here and there.
It's similar to this, but with some definite changes:
I went and bought some of the decor for our cake, and I'll be getting the rest of it taken care of tonight after work.
Sometimes people amaze me.
Just this morning I was saying to FMIL that I hate people.
No offense to anybody reading this. I really like some people. But sometimes people just make me want to smack them. HARD.
Then FH's best woman in the wedding (well, other than me, but you know what I mean! hahaha) texted me saying she was excited for the wedding. And one of the ushers texted me to ask about what his guest should wear, and THEN he told me he was sure I would look beautiful in my dress.
Yeah, I'm a softie. And that totally made my day.
And I've been getting more work in so, while it's been tiring (we're talking that between late Saturday night and the end of tonight I'll have gotten at least 40 hours, and with this weekend I'll have just over 60 if I added correctly)... It's making me feel so much better that the next paycheck in will be rather decent as far as us taking care of rent and all. I mean, even though I know we'll be fine either way, it's still nice to have that extra little bit of security blanket.
I can't believe that we're getting married in 16 days.
Yeah, that's all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment