Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's not always roses and gravy.

Not like roses and gravy go together, of course.

I just got to thinking last night before bed that, even though I knew living together things wouldn't go perfectly, for some reason it was a surprise when not everything was perfect.

For starters... I hate unpacking. Always have, always will. I hate it when I have to unpack after coming back from a trip. Unpacking after moving is even worse, because then you have to find places to put everything.

And unpacking after moving in together is far more unpleasant than that. We have to find places for everything, and make sure that these places work with each other.
At my dad's the kitchen was organized by me. I put everything where it made sense, where I wanted it, and I made sure things stayed that way.
Peanut butter, open and unopened, went in the snack cabinet.

Now our peanut butter has 2 places. Our snack cabinet isn't very large, because we really don't do all that much with snacks. But because our snack cabinet is full, the peanut butter is now with the rest of the food - canned goods, pasta sauce, etc. And he refrigerates his peanut butter! I don't know if it's because of the kind of peanut butter or if that's just because it's how he's always done it, but he tried to refrigerate my peanut butter!

It's just interesting trying to figure out how to work things out so that it's all *us*.

And FH got all of his wisdom teeth taken out on Friday. So Friday night he stayed with his parents, because I had work early Saturday and would've had to be up every half hour for gauze changing and whatnot.
I learned very early on in our relationship, when we got to the point we were comfortable napping with each other, that sleeping along is, well, lonely.
...
And we have a queen-size bed, so Friday night was just horribly lonely. I piled all of our big pillows on his side of the bed.
Then last night I was in bed at 10:30 or 11 because I worked and went shopping with FMIL, and my back was killing, but he had to be up an extra hour or so because he had to take some medicine at midnight for his teeth (or lack thereof, I guess). So I went to bed alone. Granted, he came to bed a bit later, but it was still kinda lonely.

There's a difference between sleeping on a twin-size bed alone and sleeping on a queen-size bed alone.
And if you do it right, you can comfortably fit two people on a twin-size bed - without worrying about pushing one off the bed.
Yes, you read that right. A twin-size bed. He's 6'3" and I'm 5'9", and the two of us can fit in a twin-size bed and not want to push the other off for more space.

On that note, Rent is on TV. I'm gonna go watch that and sing along in my head.
And forget about the fact that I feel like I'm working like a crazy person to make sure everything works, or the fact that I feel like nothing's coming together like it should.
Hello, wedding music? What wedding music.

Yeah yeah yeah, people keep telling me that everything will work out. I even tell myself this.
My only question is: WHEN??????????

No comments:

Post a Comment