(not like "the single life" really means anything to me. lol I haven't done that in nearly 4 years)
I feel kind of bad. I haven't posted in nearly a week. But better late than never.
Earlier this week (Monday, I believe), FH and I went and picked out a couch! It's this really pretty lighter green. I'm super excited for it to arrive on Wednesday!
It's wonderful when we find things that appeal to us both. We walked through so many couches, saw so many potential ones, a lot that we hated, and WAAAAAAY too many that were seriously overpriced. But eventually we found something.
That said, the wedding is in 8 days. Dad told me to tell the caterer to prepare for 100 people when we only had 75 on the list. Well, I decided to save him $100 (give or take) and tell them 90. Well now there are 77 on the list - but we're still doing rather well! That allows for random people form church to show up, which I'm sure will probably happen. And if not, well, our guests can...
Oh crap. I just realized that I bought a wedding cake that feeds 160. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THE EXTRA PIECES?????
I need to call the cake place and see if it's too late to scale the number down or something... The whole thing is already paid for, though... At least everybody will be able to get 2 slices per person. But who's seriously going to eat that much?
...
I think I need to go buy some little cake slice boxes to people can take pieces with them.
Well, as I was saying before I thought about the cake problem, if there are slightly fewer than 90 people, at least everybody will be able to have extras if they so desire. And if there are more than 90, well, somebody better not be eating because they should've told me they were showing up. Ugh.
I hate to admit it, but I had to request this coming Friday off of work.
The reason: I'm exhausted.
And it's not even from wedding stuff! What's even worse is that I'll only be getting about 34-35 hours of work this week! Which makes me feel like a total chump, until I remember that I'm probably trying to recover from my near-60 or 60+ hours last week. I don't remember which... I think it was about 58.
I can't be an effective CAREGiver if I'm exhausted.
So I took Friday off. I'm going to try to sleep in, maybe paint my toenails, and take one of my aunts shopping for shoes for the wedding if she hasn't found some by the time they fly in late Friday afternoon.
I'm also going to do all I can to avoid the relatives. Nothing says stress like "Victoria, I can't BELIEVE you're getting married! Are you nervous? Excited? What's your dress look like? How are you doing your hair? I can't believe it! Are you ready? Do you have a veil? Where are you guys going on a honeymoon? I'm so happy and excited for you!"
I love my relatives, but WOW. hahahahahaha. I wouldn't trade them for the world, but recently the "are you nervous" question is actually making me nervous! What the heck?
I've heard "Are you nervous?" so many times that I think my brain has started going "They're asking if you're nervous... Maybe you're SUPPOSED to be nervous... Hello, this is a life-changing event! Granted, you've had over 2 years to think about this, BUT STILL!"
And then comes Saturday! (That is, not today but a week from today.)
I'll work that morning, get off at 2:30, and head back to the apartment to get things ready for the rehearsal and dinner. Then after the rehearsal/dinner we're gonna go play LASER TAG!!!
I still have to get the passes for that, but I'm excited because instead of paying $25 for every five people, it'll only be $10!
After laser tag the girls and I are just going to chill back at the apartment. Maybe paint some nails, watch a movie, have some snacks... And CRASH. Cuz there is no freaking way that I want to be up all night after a day like that.
While I'm thinking about it... I'll have to see if the girls would like to go out to breakfast the next morning or if they'd rather me cook at the apartment or what. At least a year ago when I was living with 3 of them we'd talked about going to IHOP or Village Inn the next morning. Looks like it's about time to see what's on the agenda!
I still need to get place cards and a seating chart done, and take the cake decorations to the cake place. And buy some more ribbon for our favors. We're meeting with the DJ on Monday to discuss songs, and hopefully I'll have a processional picked out by then. Other than that... I think that's it. And if not, well, we'll get it taken care of.
No comments:
Post a Comment