Ok, so it's only been about a week since I've posted, but I really feel like it's been so much longer.
FH and I moved into our apartment on Friday. The view is certainly something else.
I'm not going to lie, though, the moving has been a pain in the butt.
But it was an eventful weekend! First moving, then seeing a baseball game that night! Now, normally I don't like baseball, but I had fun.
And the tickets were completely free, which was kinda weird, but we definitely enjoyed it!
FH and I also got our marriage license that morning. You know, before the packing and unpacking, and sweating it out.
And it seems like nothing is going according to plan.
I'm more than a little frustrated.
I've been getting called for work more often now, which is awesome. My next paycheck will be looking quite nice. And I should've taken some of the other offered jobs, except for the fact that then it would've left me either half an hour or an hour and a half between shifts!
I feel like I keep nitpicking about everything, and not just about work. I have to remind myself that I'm learning to live with someone, and I haven't had to do that in 2 years because I lived with the same 3 females last year that I did the year before!
I have noticed that there are some things that are my way or the highway... And I've stopped to think about whether these things are really all that important. And while they may not be "all that important," they do bug the hell out of me.
So like a good little girl, I speak my mind now because if I don't then I know there will be hell later when I finally lose my mind.
And let's face it, I despise cleaning. But I like having clean places.
I graduated from college on Saturday. To make a quick summary of it:
I got there at 8:15 for line up, stood around until ten, my feet hurt, I got my diploma cover and smiled, there was a wasp on the kid in front of me (FREAKY!!!!!), a kid in my row killed the wasp with his diploma cover and the other guy's mortarboard, I strutted back out for the recessional (and I do mean strutted. There's this wedding picture of my sister and her husband where she looks smug as can be - I'm pretty sure I had the same facial expression).
Apparently I can't post that picture, so instead here's a picture of me and one of my roommates!
Oh, how I miss cheese and potato time... And we match, too! But I'll be seeing her in a couple of weeks, so it's all good!
Now that graduation's over, it's been about getting back to work.
And cleaning. Ugh.
Our place isn't anywhere near as much of a mess as it used to be. Thank God.
The mound by our front door has greatly diminished, but I still have some work to do on it since it's my stuff.
At least, it was last I checked. LOL I'm sure FH doesn't have a bag of nail polish.
And now for a quick wedding vent from yours truly:
Why don't people send in their RSVPs on time?
Let's face it: my dad's the one paying for the food, so it's not like it's my money.
But at the same time, why should I waste my father's money because someone has decided not to stick a pre-stamped card in the mail with their name(s) and a number on it.
For that matter, why should I waste my father's money at all? That'd be rude of me, and it's frustrating when the RSVP date was a few days ago.
Granted, the date was Sunday so I've got to give it some slack there.
And slack I give.
But for real. I don't like surprises, and neither does my father. And at $13/person, surprises of extra people showing up are NOT good surprises on the checkbook, no matter how nice it would be to see them (that is, see the people).
On top of other things, but we're not even going there.
Well, now it's movie time and Starbucks for Frappuccino Happy Hour with one of the roomies and then more of us just being AWESOME!
No comments:
Post a Comment