...
Oh, wow. I typed that, and then I remembered watching the movie The Ring not too long after it first came out on DVD (I was 12, almost 13). Yay for stupid movies. I saw it once, and never again.
Anyway, the wedding is a week from today!
People keep asking me if we have everything ready to go, and my response is pretty much the same every time: "Just about."
Frankly, I'm looking forward to the wedding because, in addition to getting married, it means that I can get the boxes of wedding stuff AWAY from my side of the bed and OUT of the apartment. I'm looking forward to having a little bit of cleanliness, or at least more than I've got when I'm stashing flowers, favors, bridal party gifts, etc. It'll be nice.
I still have to put ribbons on the favors and find little stickers for them, and pick up the engraved stuff from Things Remembered on Tuesday.
I went with one of the girls (L) up to the mall last night to get our toasting flutes and the vase I picked up for my mom engraved. And while I was at Things Remembered, I figured I might as well get FH's birthday present there and get it engraved, since it was half off with any purchase and his birthday is 2 days after we get married.
Well, lo and behold getting his gift engraved was the same price as the gift was originally. The whole thing was about $50. Getting the vase engraved was $63. And the flutes were $21 apiece.
Needless to say, I was in shock for quite a while. I still can't believe that I spent nearly $200 on engraving... granted, it was only 4 pieces engraved, and I bought one of them in the store. And the flutes were free after FH and I sat our behinds through at least 2 hours of a Celebrity China presentation (unless they were the ones that we got without the presentation because they guy said he would tell us about the company and let us go because he'd been up for about 18 hours by that point in time and just wanted to sleep). The vase was $4...
I guess I can only complain so much, because if it were a $20 vase and if we'd paid, well, $30 for the flutes... I guess it all kinda evens out in the end.
I keep telling myself that because, quite frankly, dropping that much money at once (or in one day), and even a fairly large amount of money... It makes me cringe. I met L in DSW after I got done with it all, and I saw one of the guys we went to high school with, and frankly I couldn't really think of anything to talk about. You know, other than "What the heck did I just do?"
Well, that's all I've got for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment