Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am... Nothing If Not Determined.

I can't even begin to say just how tired I am. Although I am taking a moment to evaluate if it's a "good" tired or a "bad" tired. Let me explain.

I ran again last night. W10D1 of the 10k Runner iPhone app. Just over five miles total (including approx. 20 minutes of walking, give or take about 2 minutes). 20 minutes of walking (plus about 2 extra minutes) and 50 minutes of running (... MINUS about 2 minutes. Oi)

I have NEVER gotten to five miles at one time when doing straight running or a run/walk combination. EVER.

Well, at least not that I'm aware of :) Sure there were the days in school where we had to do 2-3 laps before band, and doing the miles in from elementary school on up for PE and doing the mile for ROTC. Then there were the days in the months between high school and college where hitting the gym daily or nearly every day got me able to run at least a decent distance (probably half a mile to a mile) at one time.

It was a huge accomplishment, and I felt, well... Badass. Amazing. Awesome.
Horribly sweaty and smelly, exhausted, annoyed (that's another story!), and desperate for a shower, but definitely awesome.

And then I got up 4 hours later for a full day of work photographing little kids. What the heck was I thinking?? Well... That there wouldn't be an afternoon class, but there were two that we didn't know about. But the kids were good. The staff was wonderful. And I want a nap like you wouldn't believe :)

I'm contemplating running today - a short one. Or maybe using the stationary bike or going for a walk.

It's ridiculous how much this Nike+ SportWatch GPS watch can motivate me. I hope it doesn't wear off when I get used to it... Although the whole thing of a sweaty wrist... Not that attractive. LOL.

Goal: Disney Princess Half Marathon in February 2013.
I don't know if I'll be able to 13.1 miles, but I won't know until I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment