(I figured I'll try to make up for my lack of posting... There are things I've been meaning to talk about, though!)
A question that we've gotten a lot in the 4 weeks since we've been married (although a lot more at the beginning) is "How's married life?"
How do people expect you to answer that?
"Oh, man, it SUCKS. BIG TIME."
Yeah, let's not and say we did.
What HAS been happening, though... DH finished up the class he was taking (so proud of him! he got either a 98 or 99-point-something-or-other % as his overall grade!).
I've slept on the couch a few times.
Yes, you read that right. Me. On the couch.
Right before and right after getting married, my workload was all over the place. And my back's been hurting for the last couple weeks. It's driving me nuts, and it's especially after work and when I'm trying to get comfortable to sleep.
And sometimes... My husband SNORES!
*GASP*
I admit it, I was the strange kid who couldn't sleep with someone snoring in my ear so I would sleep on the floor until I decided it wasn't comfortable, and THEN I got in the bed.
Oh, and our couch is REALLY comfortable. Just so you know.
I can't really think of anything that's different now than the 3 weeks we lived together before getting married. Or in general.
We don't see his folks as much, or my. Even though his family is a ten-minute drive away and my dad lives 3 minutes away.
Let's see... We do laundry. A lot, but not as often as before we got married (THANK GOD! I felt like I was doing a load or two of laundry daily!!).
We cook. We clean. We make plans.
I don't get how that's all that different from before we got married - and I mean even BEFORE we lived together!
What do people expect? To get some personal details?
Sorry, no can do!
With that said, married life is fine.
We're coming to agreements on things, just like we did before we're married.
For example, we grocery shop TOGETHER.
Shocker, ain't it?
But his free time to grocery shop is usually on the weekends so he'll go with his parents. And my free time to grocery shop, well, it's whenever I feel like it.
I tell you, we actually found stuff that both of us liked!
And the clarification about who likes what.
I remember when he bought me White Cheddar Cheez-Its and Hot and Spicy Cheez-Its. It was thoughtful because he knows I like Cheez-Its, but my love for the White Cheddar ones has worn off over the years. They're ok, but I'd prefer regular.
See, you learn things when you grocery shop together!
Which is a bit better than getting home and seeing something that one of us bought for the other and isn't likely to be touched (with the exception of when I'm starving at work because my body suddenly decided that I need something NOW! they were very beneficial).
And it was interesting seeing the nerdiness come out in both of us, and how we're trying to be healthier.
I have this thing about getting all my nutrients. If something tastes good and is full of fiber, you can guarantee I love it.
...
My roommates made fun of me because I had a giant thing of Metamucil.
Note: Don't ever get the coarse kind unless you want that whole crunchy, grainy business in your drink.
My point is, even though not much has changed, we're still learning and working out ways to make it work.
For instance: If I have to be at work at 8:30 and he has a meeting at 8:30, it takes me longer to get to my client than for him to get to work, he showers longer but I take longer to get ready, I HAVE to eat breakfast and love to sleep in, he gets up earlier (sometimes), etc... Then WHO SHOWERS FIRST???
So far?
So good.
Here's to making it work!
☺♥♫
No comments:
Post a Comment