As was mentioned in my previous post (that I was totally going to put up yesterday, and then I got sidetracked...), DH and I are FINALLY married.
It only took nearly 2.5 years!
So let's see...
For 3 days leading up to the wedding we had relatives coming in from out of town.
To be completely honest, I didn't even see a good chunk of mine. I heard from some, or heard they were in town, but I didn't actually see most of them until the reception.
As far as the rehearsal dinner... Long story short, I was pissed off.
If the invitation says 5, then that's when things are supposed to START. Not when people helping do things are supposed to show up.
I got home from work around 3 and found that NOTHING was done. NOTHING. All of the stuff was still in our apartment, nothing was cut up, or open, or anything. Heck, I had to remind DH (then-FH) before I got off work that he was supposed to pick up the key to the apartment clubhouse before the leasing office closed!
In the end, we ended up with people showing up between 5 and 6, things starting around 7, and being done around 8 or so. And I was EXHAUSTED. I barely had time to run up to our place and yank on some clothes, and then by the time we got through with the rehearsal, which really didn't take more than about 10 minutes, all I wanted to do was curl up and go to sleep. Or puke, take your pick. Sadly, that's what happens when I'm really hungry and keep running around food without being able to grab anything to eat.
I had people asking me what the heck happened as far as timing, because they know I like to be on it as far as when I make schedules. And if I'm not then I get angry. Fast.
As far as the rehearsal goes, I had to do a bit of rethinking. Earlier in the week one of the girls said she wouldn't be able to come to the wedding because they couldn't afford the gas.
So instead of doing couples and singles we just had everyone walk down the aisle by themselves - girl, guy, girl, guy, girl, guy, girl.
Since my sister was outside when the parents were seated, my dad pretended to be her and one of our ushers walked 'her' down the aisle.
Afterwards D laughed because instead of him walking my dad it was more like my dad was walking him.
After the rehearsal dinner I wasted time with R, K, La, D, and F, and then we met up with some of the guys and a few other people for laser tag.
I have never played laser tag before, but it was AWESOME.
The game was MAYBE ten minutes long (I think that's what the timer was set for) but we all felt sweaty and gross afterward from running around like crazy people.
And since I didn't eat at the rehearsal dinner, I got to eat before we played laser tag! While we were waiting on the rest of our group to show up, I ordered some buffalo wings and sat with La.
Well, it took the wings forever to come out. It seems that someone was too stupid to put them on a pan, so when they pulled them out they fell on the floor. Not quite what the first guy told us, but close enough.
A second guy asked us if we'd been helped, and when we told him we were waiting on wings all he did was laugh and go "That's a funny story."
I wanted to say "Gee, thanks, man, I never would've guessed. I'm hungry, give me a refund!" But... when you need food then you need food.
When my food finally came out, some parts of the wings were so burned that you could just peel the breading right off!
It was disgusting, but La and I just laughed.
And then of course we were at a booth with a booster seat, so La tried to sit in it... As she says, she could only "get one ass cheek in!"
Then K came up, and La tried to persuade her to sit in the booster seat, to see if she would fit because she's really small.
Now, K hears from people that she looks young and it really bugs her, so she automatically thought we were talking about her sitting in the seat because she looks young.
When we finally got her to sit in the seat, she couldn't fit in it either!
I wish I'd had my camera to get a picture of her sliding across the booth seat on this booster chair. She sat on the booster seat and just went from one end of the booth to the next, almost like she was trying to pull a Superman on us!
Oh, man, it was something else!
After R and K dropped D off, we all hung out at the apartment. I cranked out some programs right before we went to laser tag, and when we got back we got them all folded and put away, put stuff into boxes, etc.
One by one everyone started dropping off to sleep. I actually didn't get to sleep until 4:30 because I was throwing together our slideshow, and then I got up at 7:30. Got a shower, got dressed, woke everyone up. We took the decorations and everything out to the cars, and then went back inside and did a quick job of making pancakes, bacon, and eggs.
When we finished breakfast I went with F and La to the nail salon and we met up with my sister and L.
I decided to shake things up a bit and instead of the typical white French tips I went with blue ones.
I was also going to go with a design but I completely forgot.
While I'm thinking about it... Next time I go to the nail salon, I'm not going alone!
Granted, I typically don't get my nails done very often to begin with. I think that, including Sunday morning, I've had my nails done maybe all of 5-7 times in my entire life.
But as far as I can tell, it's more fun when you're not going by yourself.
Lesson: if they tell you twenty minutes, don't believe them. They said twenty minutes and it really took closer to an hour.
We finally got up to the venue at about 12, so 2 hours before the ceremony. Ran stuff inside, and did a quick set-up of the ceremony by putting down the aisle runner and flower petals, and then I got to steaming my dress and veil.
And shortly before one I got a phone call from my brother asking if we were still getting married because none of the guys (save our ushers) were there. I called DH and apparently they were running late.
So funny story (except... not funny...)
About a month and a half ago DH and I had the discussion (see also: argument) about whether or not they were supposed to show up early. They were just planning on showing up at 1:30, so basically when the guests were supposed to be showing up. We finally came to an agreement that the guys should start getting there around 12 or so, and then they still ended up showing up around 1:30 on the day of.
The girls were all ready to go, and then around 1:30 or 1:45 or something along those lines I got a note from DH saying that his parents were running late, and that he'd send a note when everyone was ready to go.
One of my aunts followed me around with a plate the whole time I was getting ready because I hadn't eaten very much and wasn't all that hungry.
Yes, the photographer got a picture of her feeding me. No, we don't have those pictures back quite yet. But here's one that my sister got!
At about 2:15 we all went downstairs and everything started.
Thinking back, there were so many other pictures that I wish we'd had... Like going down the stairs instead of the elevator...
Well, what's done is done.
Honestly, I don't remember all that much about the ceremony.
I DO know that I stuffed a tissue down the front of my dress in case I needed it!
As my dad and I were walking down the aisle, I remember him telling me to slow down. And funny thing was, we actually made it in pretty decent time to the music and all. Apparently I was rushing? Hahahahahaha gee, I wonder why!
One thing I definitely remember about the wedding is that at some point I definitely looked at DH and said "You're stuck with me."
That and while we were up there I could hear one of the girls sniffling. But I couldn't turn my head to see who it was! When we were out and I asked who was crying, R goes "It was me, I'm sorry, I couldn't help it!"
lol I'd thought about handing the tissue down my dress to whoever was sniffing, but then I realized that might look a little awkward if I started digging in my boobs during the ceremony!
I didn't cry during the ceremony, even though I thought I would.
Instead, my nose was trying to run during our vows. I thought about pulling out the tissue then, but there was no discreet way for that.
Oh! And apparently people thought we were making out when we went in for our first kiss.
Yeah, no. Never been a big fan of PDA.
We got one smooch with hands down, and then I heard people snickering when I put my arms around his neck.
For the record, there were only about 3 kisses there. And then us talking to each other.
As I mentioned in my previous post, someone told us that they had a lot of fun at our reception, especially considering that there was no alcohol.
If I had the picture of my MIL pretty much falling down while doing the twist, i would DEFINITELY post it! I saw her as she was getting up, but I heard the gasps from people as she went down. And let me tell you, it was funny! (And yes, even she was laughing)
But I DO have a picture of me after I finally managed to chase down my FIL.
I absolutely LOVE his face, especially in the first picture.
It has been decided that my dad is kind of funny when he tries to dance, but he seemed like he was having fun. And he has a decent idea of how to do the Cupid Shuffle!
Oh, and i bawled during our father-daughter dance. We danced to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman, and as soon as I heard words I just started crying. We got through all of two minutes or something like that and then my dad had someone get DH to cut in so that we weren't crying on each other the whole time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrWMBC6yoME
Also, the bouquet toss was just hilarious! I knew two of the girls, R and La, were gearing up for it. I pointed at R before I turned around and threw it, and then when I actually threw it I heard this battle cry. I swear, an actual BATTLE CRY.
It was kind of scary, and when I turned around and saw them both working to get it, well, I just laughed.
R and La pretty much both got it, so they took a picture together.
Here's the posed one, but there are pictures the photographer got during it and apparently their faces are HILARIOUS!
I don't really have too much else to talk about. I mean, I'm sure I'll think of something else later... But I'm excited to get our pictures back!





No comments:
Post a Comment