Sunday, June 5, 2011

Becoming a well-rounded person!

Last night Lo came over for dinner and to hang out, and the 3 of us (DH, Lo, and me) got to talking about taking classes.

Earlier in the day DH and I were discussing taking photography classes.
Lately I've been more serious about buying a DSLR. I've wanted one for years, but now I can actually afford to buy one.
Granted, it'd be a bit of a splurge so I'd probably hold off for a bit anyway... But I came so close to buying one yesterday afternoon!
Unfortunately there are a lot of cameras masquerading as DSLRs. Yeah, they're not as thin as the typical point-and-shoot, but without the interchangeable lenses they're not DSLRs. Which was really disappointing, because I found quite a few cameras I liked that were really quite cheap.

Another class that was brought up last night that I got to thinking about was a bartending class. Apparently Lo's mom used to be a bartender (which was funny to find out, because neither of us could really see that. or at least I couldn't). Lo mentioned that her mom wouldn't want her becoming a bartender... but I think at least taking a class would be pretty interesting.

And what's adding one more qualification to my life, huh? hahaha

Then of course there's wanting to add a dance class to the mix. Which would be beyond awesome - if there were any dance places nearby.
When i was younger (we're talking at least 8 here, maybe younger) i used to want to take ballet classes. But even if I didn't get into ballet classes, I really enjoy ballroom. So that would be fun!

Here's hoping that one day I get past just wanting to take the classes and looking them up, because actually doing it would be amazing!
I found a place that isn't way the heck out in Egypt where I could do ballroom, and if I wanted I could pay extra so I could just show up to whatever dance classes I wanted that month, whenever they have classes that I can make it to.
I just need to look up the place again, but I definitely remember that it sounded like fun.

Although I must admit that it would be nice if there were places closer that I could go to.
I've also thought about Zumba classes, since there's no doubt in my mind that I could find one closer.

The sad part about many dance classes (other than ballroom, I mean) is that most of them don't have beginner classes for adults. I've looked at so many places that teach ballet classes, and their limit for beginning ballet students is around, i dunno, ten.
I found one place that had a limit of either 17 or 18 on a beginner class. Sadly, I'm at least 2 years over that. At LEAST.

Never thought i'd be able to say I'm too old for something.

But I have high hopes! And if all else fails, I can keep up with those Dancing With the Stars videos, that's for certain... Maybe I'll pop in the Latin Cardio Dance video whenever I get off work. I've only done it once, with K and another one of our friends, but I had a little bit more knowledge of the basic steps than they did.
Oh, and our living room was TINY. 3 people crammed into that little area? Just wasn't cutting it.

Well, I'll certainly figure something out!

No comments:

Post a Comment