In the last, oh, week or so I finally got around to reading Out of Oz, the fourth (and final!) book in "the Wicked Years".
I'm only about a third of the way through with it, but I'm really enjoying it.
I should probably have prefaced that with saying that I am a HUUUUUUGE weenie and that the third book (A Lion Among Men) creeped the bajeezus out of me with Mother Yackle...
I can't believe that I'm finally getting a chance to read it. I almost wasn't sure, just because of the creep factor of the third one. And it's been so long since I'd read any of the Wicked Years (probably because of the creep factor which, let's be honest, was present in the other books, too!).
Anyway, if you're looking for a good read... Start from the beginning. And I don't just mean the beginning of Out of Oz, I mean from the beginning of Wicked. It all does a great job of working together, and without the other books you'd likely be pretty confused just jumping into Out of Oz. Which might make you feel like you're in Oz... Or just a country way out of your comfort zone/knowledgeability.
If you have read it, how'd you like it?
If you have... You should ;) Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment