Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two more days, two more days!!!!!

I'm psyched because after today, I only have TWO more days left of the semester. Two two two two TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I've got one final to email a professor, one I've already turned in, and two in-class finals to take - one on tomorrow and one on Tuesday.

And after that? I will have survived my first full year as a grad student!
You know, excepting the summer classes I'll be taking in a couple weeks, but no big deal.

On Thursday the husband and I are going to a scholarship dinner. I feel just a bit goofy about it because I know that I'm supposed to dress up. I took the opportunity to go shopping.

Perfect timing for that shopping trip, too. Apparently the post-prom season is the perfect time to go shopping for dressed. And even better?
I took my father-in-law and my younger brother-in-law with me to go shopping for said dress.

Yes, you read that correctly. My father-in-law and younger brother-in-law.
Believe it or not, we actually found a really nice dress.

I'd forgotten what it was like to be in the hordes of people looking at prom dresses. I tell you, DEB was so neon bright it was scary. And Younkers, where I found my dress, had PACKED dressing rooms.
With reason, apparently. The hubs and I went to Olive Garden last night and there were apparently still people going to prom. I figured at the end of April they'd be done, but I guess not.

I have to say... I'm pleased with the dress I bought. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid of embarrassing my husband.

(Psst... My mentality was somewhere between "Look like the awesome wife that I am" and "OWN THE ROOM!!!" hahahahaha... I'm just a little on the arrogant side about looking good with my husband) ;)

Before I forget... To the hubs and I have been married for 11 months :) and just one more month until our first anniversary!

Forrest Gump is on right now, so in Forrest style I say...
"And that's all I have to say about that."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment