Yes, there's something on my mind.
As you can clearly tell.
I eat processed food. Probably more than I should, but I do.
I watch what I eat, nonetheless.
I drink skim milk.
Actually, I drink cow's milk in general.
The only kind of soy milk I like is the vanilla stuff from Silk. Other than that I HATE soy milk.
Yes, I HAVE tried soy milk.
I even prefer lactose-free non-fat milk (see also: skim) to soy. It's actually pretty good.
I eat meat. I have no desire to NOT eat meat.
Yes, I CAN tell the difference between egg beaters and real eggs.
All the same, I am aware that egg beaters are "real" eggs, just not the whole thing. I don't really like egg beaters.
Yes, there is a difference between meats, and not just due to seasoning. Texture does play a part in it, and it has nothing to do with "what you expect it to be."
What I expect my meat to be is dead and fully cooked. I can't always tell the difference between, say, chicken and turkey, but I can tell the difference between beef and chicken.
I typically don't go for organic food. Don't ask me why. I'm not quite sure, myself. I had a reason, but I'm not entirely sure about it.
That's not to say I don't EVER go for organic. It's just that I'm not going to spend my time ONLY going for organic.
Drinking skim milk and eating processed food and meat will not kill me.
Not unless I neglect to take care of myself in general. And, you know, PAY ATTENTION.
My cholesterol isn't out of control. I keep a close eye on my (really good) blood pressure.
I'm probably at risk for diabetes. It runs in the family and I know it.
But I pay attention to my body.
Do NOT try to throw science in my face, going "Well, scientists say this."
I accept that's how you feel, but to try to use that to tell me what I am and am not experiencing is complete crap. For example, there's more to meat than "how it's seasoned."
Oh, and I can taste the difference between regular peanut butter and reduced fat. I prefer regular.
If you want to not eat meat and not drink cow's milk (or any milk from an animal) then be my guest.
But do NOT try to make me feel inferior or ashamed of the choices I have made in my life.
Because, to be honest, I don't find a damn thing wrong with them.
To each their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment