Thursday, February 28, 2013

A-T Children's Project

Today is Rare Disease Day.

It has recently occurred to me, now that the Princess Half is over for this year, that I have been slacking SO badly on my fundraising efforts for the A-T Children's Project (Ataxia-telangiectasia... I spelled it right on the first try! Go me!!!) ☺

For those of you who didn't know, I will be doing the Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland this Labor Day Weekend (August 31, 2013 - September 1, 2013). The Dumbo Double Dare means that I will be doing the Disneyland 10K (the first year for it!) on the 31st, and the Disneyland Half on the 1st.
Yes, back-to-back.

As part of my participation in such an exciting event (the first year of this event!!) I am working to raise money for the A-T Children's Project.
You can read more about it on My Fundraising Page.

My goal is to raise $600. Thanks to a old high school friend, I am already $10 of the way there (1.666667% of the way to my goal).
I understand $600 is a lot of money. I'm not asking anyone to donate an arm and a leg - at least, I hope I'm not! What I am asking is that you please take a short moment out of your day, and make even what you may see as being a "trivial" donation.

Every donation counts. You may not think that $5 is a big deal to donate, but it is. It means a lot - especially to the Olive family. I'm running with Team Randy and Alex for the ATCP. Randy unfortunately lost his battle with A-T and leukemia in 2004. Alex will be 3 years old in 8 days. He was diagnosed with A-T when he was just under 2 years old, and from what I can see from the update from his mother, Crystal, it has been a struggle.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment