(One day I'll get my race recaps up... I only need to post 7-8 of them, between Dumbo over Labor Day Weekend, Women's Running Series St. Pete, and the entire Dopey Challenge a month ago... No big, right?)
π³
π
And through all of this, the hubs and I have been talking about what we want our future to be like, and how we're going to get there. Health, finances, eventually babies (although that's a long way off), travel, and overall quality of life.
Well, health is one of those big things for me, and I hope for us as individuals and as a family - and yes, even though there are only two of us we're still a family! π
The discussion is and continues to be that we have a lot of health problems in our immediate family - just the parents. We're talking obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular concerns with a hx of heart attack, stroke, cancer... It's not a pretty picture.
Sorry, "hx" = "history". It just flows really well to say that, because that's what I'm used to.
For future reference, "dx" = "diagnosis", "tx" = "treatment", and maybe I should just leave all the technical stuff at work, no? π
Anyway, we've been talking about becoming healthier as individuals and as a family.
I've been running for two years this month (Yay!) and I'm working on eating better and everything... But one of the things I kept getting from the hubs was "I'll do it when..."
That's short for:
• When I'm less stressed
• When finals are over
• When I lose weight
• When we buy a treadmill
• When I'm not tired
• When I finish that
• When it's warm and not snowy (... BTW, we only live in the Midwest. It snowed a couple inches last night. AND today's high is about 54*F)
There are so many others that I've lost count.
Finally I had to say "There will never be perfect conditions. You're going to get stressed out, and have a million things going on at once, and have bad days. That's. Life."
Don't get me wrong, I have days of "I'll get around to it!", too! I'm only a little embarrassed of the number of cookies I've eaten the last few days (Come at me, PMS!)
But how often in our own lives do we just put our foot down and say "You know what? "Some Day"? That day is TODAY!"
I wonder how much happier/less stressed/more vibrant/more fulfilled we would be as individuals, and what our quality of life will be like.
I know after Dopey I got hung up on the excuses. I'll run: in a few days, after it warms up to like 20*F cuz that's better than -10*F (ok, that was a garbage temp, but true! Lol), after I feel better, etc. etc. etc... And then it ended up being 4.5 weeks until my next run. And I was a crabby MESS. I wasn't very nice when I finally did go for a run π³
I guess the point of this is... What's stopping you? How do you plan to overcome it? How can I (or anyone else) help you get to where you want to be in your life? (You know, aside from picking winning lottery numbers for you!) π
Sometimes we're all that's standing in our way.
ETA: AH! I knew I forgot something! I was going to brag a little. Last month the hubs came to me and said he wanted to do his first half marathon!! Super excited. He decided it'll be Dumbo at Disneyland - as in, the whole challenge (10k + half). I'm probably more excited that he is, if we're being real. This feels like a huge step for us being healthier and happier together... Like you couldn't tell that that's a big thing for me π



Performing sexual activity is one thing and then carrying it in an enjoyable nature is entirely different. For making sure that you are not on a side and facing disappointment.
ReplyDeleteBhubaneswar escorts & Call Girls
Dehradun escorts & Call Girls
Ambala escorts & Call Girls
Goa escorts & Call Girls
Agra escorts & Call Girls
Ahmedabad escorts & Call Girls
Vadodara escorts & Call Girls
Bhopal escorts & Call Girls
Chandigarh escorts & Call Girls
Kolkata escorts & Call Girls
https://dehradunes.blogspot.com/2019/06/dehradun-escorts-call-girls-in-dehradun.html?showComment=1600088013673#c6411823512966195769
ReplyDeletemorbi Escorts Service
ReplyDeletesaputara Escorts Service
panchkula Escorts Service
godhra Escorts Service
khambhat Escorts Service
kalol Escorts Service
Bindu Escorts Mount Abu
ReplyDeleteRamya Escorts Mount Abu
Hema Escort Mount Abu
Parul Mount Abu Escorts
Mount Abu Call Girls Service
Escorts in Mount Abu
Nayra Mount Abu escort
Vadodara Call Girls
Daman Call Girls Service
Escorts Service Vapi
Pindwara Call Girls
ReplyDeleteSwaroopganj Call Girls
Desuri Call Girls
Kelwara Call Girls
Nadol Call Girls
Pushkar Call Girls
Ranthambore Call Girls
Salasar Call Girls
Rawatbhata Call Girls
Deshnoke Call Girls
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
ReplyDeleteCall Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in nathdwara
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
ReplyDeleteCall Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in kishangarh
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
ReplyDeleteCall Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Call Girls Sex in bikaner
Sanand Escorts Service
ReplyDeleteChangodar Escorts Service
Mehsana Escorts Service
Palanpur Escorts Service
Manali Escorts Service
Udaipur Escorts Service
Shimla Escorts Service
Kullu Escorts Service
Ajmer Escorts Service