The 2012 presidential election is finally OVER! I have to admit that it was extremely nerve-wracking, checking for the results all day, watching Romney take the lead...
Oh, I should mention that I voted for Obama.
I'm not ashamed of that, just as I wasn't ashamed to have done so four years ago, and just as anyone who voted for Romney now or McCain back then shouldn't be ashamed. Hopefully those were informed decisions.
The painful part of the whole thing... Well, the most painful part of the whole thing is that people who voted for Romney or didn't like either candidate were very sore about it. We're talking rude, awful comments. Comments about President Obama being a "monkey", moving to Canada/Australia/ some other place. Comments about how the US should split in half, or how the fifty states should become fifty separate countries, what have you.
While I can guarantee that I wouldn't have been happy if Romney had won, for a variety of reasons, I certainly wouldn't have behaved in the manner that I saw so many people behaving on Facebook. It's just... Disappointing. Disturbing.
I'm looking forward to seeing what the next four years have to bring. I just hope it's amazing :)
Now I'm off. Off to continue watching/listening to President Obama make his speech.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment