Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I have decided...

I want to go ahead and do the wedding planner course.

I've looked at a few websites, and the one I'll likely end up going with (due to price, as well as other things) is:
https://www.aa-wp.com/wedding-planning-course/order-wedding-planning-course/info/
The American Academy of Wedding Professionals.
$79/month for 6 months.
Sure beats the $137.50/month for 12 months that The Wedding Planning Institute was going to charge WITH books ($124.50/month for 12 months withOUT the books).

We'll see how it goes. I've thought about this for a while, and the idea of actually doing it is pretty cool.

I'm going to think it over a bit more. I mean, rent's been taken care of and all, but gotta make sure we're good on next month's rent as well (nothing like planning ahead!), and then there's the coming holiday season.

I do feel like everything will eventually work out fine. I just hope that my feeling isn't wrong, and that "eventually" isn't too far away over the horizon.

I think I can do this :)

And even better, being a wedding (or even an event) planner doesn't have to be a full-time job. It can be, but it doesn't have to be.
I'm thinking I like the idea of day-of coordination as well as assisting with details more than straight-up planning someone's wedding head-to-toe. But I think that either way I do it I'd be able to make it work :)

I have big dreams. Of lots of things. I just hope my dreams don't get too far ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment