A week after my last post, I had a birthday! And it was kinda fun, if not super tiring - a few of us took clients to the zoo. And we spent all. Freaking. Day. At the zoo. Tiring, yes, but a whole lot of fun.
And two days after that, someone totaled my car as I was heading from supervision back to work.
Yes, I'm ok.
Yes, the over driver is ok.
Yes, I'm still mad.
And to top it all off, we were there for nearly two hours (until nearly 4pm) and an officer never showed up. So when I was FINALLY able to give my statement (around 9pm in the freaking RAIN!), I was told it wasn't going to do any good because by that point it was just hearsay, even though I have an eye witness who was sitting at the intersection's stoplight when this lady ran her car into mine.
By the way, her car was barely scratched, especially in comparison to mine. Really, it took off my paint more than it was damaged. The tow truck driver was amazed that a '98 VW Bug did in my '07 Ford Focus so badly. My car was leaking a bit of oil, needed a new suspension, there was a hole in the tire - which had been pushed back in the wheel well, if that tells you anything.
I had an officer who really helped out with figuring out why nobody showed up to the accident... Supposedly someone did and "didn't see an accident", despite the fact that my car blocked traffic for nearly two hours.
I was told I could file a complaint against the police department. I think I will, because this is absolutely ridiculous. The woman wasn't even ticketed because "it's all hearsay".
Fortunately my insurance AND hers found her to be at fault.
Unfortunately, I still had to buy a car. After a bunch of hunting I ended up with a 2013 Ford Fusion (new body style).
...
And this thing called a car payment.
Uuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I'm just glad my insurance got them to knock off nearly $5k. That didn't stop them from trying to tack on the extras (of course), but I'll be darned if I was gonna pay sticker for a car.
As people have been quick to point out, at least I'm ok, and the new car is quite nice.
I do miss my car, though... 😢😕




So sorry to hear about your car but glad everyone is ok!
ReplyDelete