I would officially like to say "Scratch that last post" - that is, the count on it.
I said 8 virtual runs, not counting the one I did yesterday... Let's make that 11, not counting yesterday's.
...
Well, 10 left now, considering that the hubs and I did one of the Disney Series Virtual Runs (to benefit the ASPCA) tonight. He and I have apparently gotten each other in the spirit, and in addition to us doing at least 5k for each of the races, we're also doing each of the 1-milers.
I think I may have gotten my husband hooked on the "bling" aspect of running. With the 5k+ for those races, you get a medal. With the 1-mile, you get a dog-tag version of those medals.
At first he decided on the mile for Pluto because, well, it made sense. You know, getting a dog tag, and Pluto is a dog. Then he decided he was ok doing all of them with me ☺ Granted, he's got me doing the 10k version of each one, at LEAST, so I'm prepared for Dumbo and Dopey. And I'm glad he's got my back on training and doing this with me and all, although it's a bit daunting to think about doing 10k, whether it's on a treadmill or outside.
That said, I might have to buy him a medal hanger at some point! I know he's not terribly keen on running, but that he wants to get in better shape.
Although, I have my doubts on him "not liking it" because, uh, the man said he wants to do ALL of the runDisney runs with me at some point! That's 1 marathon, at least 5 half marathons, a 10-miler, whatever-distance-Expedition-Everest-is, at least 3-10ks, and at least 5-5ks. So either he's warming up to running, or he loves me. A lot.
Oh, what the heck, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say both! ;)
Now about that medal hanger... ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment