I know it's been a while. Not too much has really been going on to talk about.
Even so, there are still small things that happen that manage to make an impact on life.
And one in particular is a literal impact.
On my way to my client Sunday morning I was sitting at a stoplight. And all I could do was watch as this moron behind me slowly bumped into me.
I can't even begin to express just how pissed off I was at this turn of events, and how freaked out.
I got out of the car, and the guy in the SUV asked if I was ok. I told him I was going to be late for work. Then as I started calling work and leaving them a message saying I would be late and why, do you know what he does?
He drives off.
Yeah, I called the cops and filed a report on a hit and run. He may have been going slowly, but there was definitely at least a little damage to the back bumper of my car.
And now, 5.5 days after... I'm still jumpy, watching people even more carefully than I did before.
I know it's only normal after a car accident to be wary of other people on the road, even more wary than usual. And I know it hasn't even been a week since then. I know you have to give things time.
But every time I'm on the road I keep thinking about what if someone hits me. I mean, this guy wasn't going more than about ten miles per hour while I was stopped. What if this happens when I'm going sixty or something? I don't think that my car OR I would get off that easily.
I have to wonder how much longer I'll be quite this jumpy.
I mean, it's not BAD or anything, but I'm definitely more jittery than usual.
I guess it'll just take some time... And no more accidents.
ETA: I just got off the phone with the police. They just called to let me know they had information on the person who hit me. Looks like we're finally making progress :)
No comments:
Post a Comment